Friday, March 20, 2009

st. patrick's day 2009

It's Fashion Friday. I know what you're thinking: "Hey Sam, what didja do to doll yourself up this week?" Well I went as Hello Kitty, jackass.


On St. Patrick's, my girlfriends and I (i.e. "The Cocktail Quartet" according to every comedian that night) rocked the SWEET show @ the Slipper Room like we were with the band or something. One night prior, Lauren had used her Facebook skills to SWEETtalk host Seth Herzog into giving us front row seats, directly in front of this dude:

David "DJ-ed" the show, which translated to singing and playing keyboard in between sets from an old standards piano book. Upon being asked to select a song, naturally I said "Hungry Like the Wolf." GUESS WHAT HE TOTALLY PLAYED IT


I tried to seek David's advice, from one graduated film major to an almost-graduated film major, on how to get a movie made. He reluctantly answered me as he was writing a text, and his pearls of wisdom (more or less "write a script" and then "do everything you can to get it read") were nothing I'd never heard before, but when it came time for him to leave and he went around to each of us to ask us our names, it was my time to shine:

"IamSamMarine.com and you're going to remember me some day."

Will he? Will he have no reason to? Am I an asshole either way? The answer is: I DON'T NO NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO GET A MOVIE MADE. All I need are some business cards. Anyway, I was drunk and the show was fun and so it was a successful St. Patty's, one that could surely only become more successful by being dragged (unwittingly) to a lesbian bar... but as far as you know there aren't any pictures.

Wednesday night we went to Bard to see Seth perform again, because I live like 40 minutes from the college and I was promised free booze. Guess what, Bard? PWND.

"Teacher's at this school are so racist. If anything goes wrong, if something goes missing they go 'Jonah must have fuckin' done some shit'." --Jonah Takalua

And then we played beerpong.

No comments:

Post a Comment