Saturday, February 20, 2010

saturday night showcase: jamie wright

Jamie Wright is an independent documentary filmmaker from Pittsburgh, and probably the biggest advocate for Pittsburgh I've ever met. He has recently shot music videos and promos for fellow PA band, The London. I found the electronic press kit he made for them to be surprisingly engaging, a nice study on four hipster musicians extracted from webcam interviews, performance footage, behind-the-scenes and clips of their slick music video. Don't know how into the music I am, but the video did a good job of making me like them... which is exactly what a press kit is supposed to do.


The London electronic press kit by Jamie Wright


Jamie Wright as Edward 40 oz Hands
directed by Alexandra Lopez


"Miserable" by Lit
featuring Pamela Anderson


Tom Waits press release


Nirvana interview


Happy Birthday, Kurt

6 comments:

  1. SO happy I watched Edward 40 Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an amazing sequel to Edward 40 Hands that I wish was online. wahhh

    Jess: it's like, sometimes, I feel like I'm my own worst enemy, or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it up there!!! Who do I have to threaten/bribe? (in that order)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go pester Alex Lopez--she's the one I tell you!!

    ReplyDelete