Saturday, February 27, 2010

saturday night showcase: kickstarter support/millennium blonde

Straying from my typical showcasing of one artist to promote the works of several artists tonight. Because it's my blog and I'll do what I want, when I want.

Firstly, I'd like to draw attention to two young filmmakers who are trying to get their respective projects made: Emily Tomasik and Mattson Tomlin. I've donated to both of them through Kickstarter and you can too! Show 'em some love. POWER LOVE, that is.


Little Turtle in a Big City, a film by Emily Tomasik
Claymation!!!


Solomon Grundy, the first in a series by Mattson Tomlin

Next we have a promotional commercial from your favorite band and mine, Astro Club Blonde. I did some improvised voice over for it... yup.


Millennium Blonde commercial
featuring my crummy voice acting

I saw them perform the other night @ Arlene's Grocery during a blizzard. Unreleased songs, giant sunglasses, neon lights. While the snow might have hindered the audience attendance, I'd say it enhanced the experience of the show.

If you weren't there, don't worry--the whole performance was caught on tape (courtesy Andrew Gitomer) and will no doubt be available online at some point in THE FUTURE (don't know if you heard, but they live there). For now, here are a few photos from the night:








Photos by Shells Kamiel.

5 comments:

  1. That was your voice on that commercial? I quite liked that commercial and now...well...I still like it.
    Comment terminated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaaaat! such a mention! Can't believe it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my defense I had absolutely no idea what to say and no idea what the commercial was about.

    And still don't, but it looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya. I dont even know what the commercial is about.

    ReplyDelete