Saturday, March 27, 2010

saturday night showcase: jangula

Here's something I've been meaning to hype for a long time. I love this song, this video and this band. Jangula: led by Barak and Johnny, a dynamic duo if ever there was one. If you check out their Myspace, "Pachinko" is a current favorite, and "Genji Glove" sounds not unlike a Franz Ferdinand demo (early Franz, circa "Michael"). Though a few years old now, the "Kick Attacks" video is a great example of their self-deprecating sense of humor and their borderline masochistic/stripped-down sensibility. They're raw, they're high energy, they rock the tight pants.


"Kick Attacks" by Jangula


My cross-cultural experimental short, BLIND, featuring "Kick Attacks"


Withnail downs lighter fluid in Withnail & I


King Khan & BBQ Show's "Fish Fight" video


Beavis & Butthead watch the "Fake Plastic Trees" video by Radiohead
(thanks to Josh)


I like to mellow out to these videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment