Saturday, March 13, 2010

saturday night showcase: sam jaffe

It's weird. This week I was developing three different doc treatments and suddenly I'm thinking about Sam Jaffe's senior thesis doc--can't remember what it was called, but it's about a communal apartment building in DC. I was remembering the moment where one of the main subjects argues with two strangers on the street.... an epic roller coaster ride of emotions in just a few minutes of human interaction. And what should be posted this week on Youtube? But that very fight! So, I'm showcasing it here, largely for being in line with my current interests, and somewhat for nostalgia, for the days when he was cutting it directly behind me in the school's lab.


Interview and argument from Sam Jaffe's senior doc


2009 video for "Let's Take a Walk" by Raphael Saadiq
directed by Edouard Salier


Jello Biafra of Dead Kennedys interviewed by Jools Holland
discussing the album Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables


The Young Ones have a party
and Rick plays with a tampon


Bad Brains perform "House of Suffering" @ Daytona Beach 1988


you guys, let's take a walk

2 comments:

  1. :D

    Is it wrong that Rik is one of my role models? Not so much Rick though... he's a bastard.

    ReplyDelete